Тема: Friendship is a very great thing
Мета: практикувати учнів у активному використанні вивченого лексичного і граматичного матеріалу в різних видах комунікальної діяльності; розвивати навички усного мовлення; виховувати почуття дружби і товариських відносин з однолітками, цінувати поняття «дружба».
Обладнання: картки, плакати з прислів’ями.
- Warm up:
- guess the word: 6, 15, 9, 5, 14, 4 (key: friend)
- complete the card:
Friend’s name: ___________________
Friend’s home town: ________________
Friend’s telephone number: _______________________
Friend’s age: _______________
Choise of present for friend: ______________
- Main part of the lesson:
- T: What English proverbs about friends do you remember?
— A friend in need is a friend indeed.
— A good friend is as the sun in winter.
— A friend is easier lost the found.
2) T:Everybody has a friend. What is friendship? What do you think about it?
P1: To my mind friendship between two people grows when they do something useful together.
P2: When they have the same interests.
P3: When they understand each other well.
T: Do you agree with your classmates?
P4: Yes, I agree. We cannot live without friends. The real friends are always ready to help each other.
T: Do you remember the English proverb “A friend in need is a friend indeed”? Do you agree that real friendship is possible only when people respect and trust each other?
So you can see that friendship between two people I a very great thing. What do you think about the saying of English people “A good friend is as the Sun in winter”? A good proverb, isn’t it?
P1: A real friend makes your life happier and more interesting.
P2: A real friend is dear to you and you want your friendship to last for a very long time.
T: Well, and what does this proverb mean “A friend is easier lost than found”?
P3: I’m sure, it means that it is difficult to find a good friend.
P4: You may lose a friend quickly if you do something wrong.
- Answer the questions:
- Have you got a real friend?
- What do you do together?
- Do you like to read books about friendship? Why?
- T: An English proverb says: “A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody”.
Some people think that they have a lot of friends, but they may not have a friend who is always ready to help. What can you d for your friend? (Key: help him with ….)
- a) You came to your friend’s place and asked him/her:
“Can you come out with me for a walk?”
“ I must finish this work first”, answered your friend.
Discuss which is more important for your friend – to do what he must do or what he likes to do with his friends.
(Key: does first what he has to do; understand what has to be done).
- b) Say if you have a friend whom you never want to lose. Explain why he/she is so dear to you.
- Work in groups.
Answer the question:
- In what way can you learn to kno your real friend.
Answer the question:
- What will you do if a boy/girl comes up to you and says: “I’d like you to be friends with me”.
Give some reasons of friendship.
(Key: to help each other in a difficult situation; to understand each other; may have the same interests; to respect and trust each other; to talk and go out together).
- Summing – up:
Answer the questions:
- What English proverbs about friendship do you remember?
- One of your classmates said. “That’s not very friendly of you”. What do you think about the boy/girl to whom this was said?
- Is your friend dear to you? Why?
- One of your classmates is absent. The reason is illness. How will you help him?
- Home work.