1) закріпити і узагальнити лексичний матеріал по темі «Вибір професії»,граматичний матеріал(умовні речення)
2) тренувати навички монологічного мовлення в рамках даної теми
1) розвивати вміння вести дискусію, аргументувати свою точку зору, аналізувати і робити висновки
2) розвивати творчі здібності учнів
3) вчити давати оцінку проекту
1) прищеплювати толерантність до думки інших людей
Обладнання: мультимедійний проектор,постер,стікери.
Good afternoon boys and girls. I’m very glad to see you. We are also pleased to see our guests here today and we’ll try to make our lesson useful and interesting. Today we are having our last lesson on the topic Choosing a career and our aim is to generalize our knowledge on this question and to get to know something new about ourselves.
2.Прийняття правил на уроці. Вправа «Давайте дружити»(підгрупи учнів складають умови співпраці у дружній атмосфері)
Rules in the classroom:
1.Raise your hand when you want to speak
2.Don’t shout or criticize
3.Respect your teacher and mates
4.Switch off your mobile phones
You are leaving the 9th form. It is the period of your life, when you have to choose the future profession.
Choosing a career and getting a job are two of the most important things any person does in his life. Before young people finish school all of them think that they will choose a profession they want.
Mind Map “What does the Right choosing a career depend on?”
- social environment
- the level of the society’s values,
- II. Повідомлення мети та цілей уроку. Очікування.
So, at our previous lesson we spoke about the role of profession. Today we are going to discuss what the right choosing a career depends on? So our today’s topic is “Choosing a career”. What do you expect to get to know today? Please, stick your expectation papers on the poster.
- 1. Вправа «My selfportrait»(намалювати чоловіка за допомогою геометричних фігур і розповісти,що ти полюбляєш робити у вільний час)
- 2. Гра «Snowball»
Now let’s play the game “snow-ball”. I say: “When I get older I will…”.(e.g.When I get older I will travel a lot,write a book, etc.)
- 3. Розвиток навичок аудіювання. Методика “Map of interests”
Professional interests can be formed on the basis of academic interests.
Thus, if you want your interests to be developed, it is necessary to be involved in certain types of students’ activities. Interests are signs of cognitive activity and positive emotional reactions
Subject oriented interests can be technical, humanitarian, artistic, and others. Interests and inclinations in any field of knowledge or practice do not always proceed in a professional. They become professional only if they are associated with human life plans.
Description of the method
«The map of interests» consists of 78 questions addressed to the student with the aim to learn his interests.
Please answer the following way: if you like what they say in a statement, put in a form «+» sign, if you do not like — «-» when in doubt, — «0».
Do you like to….?
- Read books on physics, mathematics.
- Read about the discoveries in chemistry.
- Deal with the device appliances.
- Read technical journals.
- Learn about the lifestyle of people in different countries.
- Get acquainted with the life of plants and animals.
- Read the works of world literature.
- Discuss the political events in the country and worldwide.
- Read the book about school life.
- Know more about the work of a doctor.
- Create comfort at home, classroom, school.
- Visit the theaters, museums, exhibitions.
- Read books about wars and battles.
- Read about the discoveries in physics and mathematics.
- Do homework in Chemistry.
- Fix appliances.
- Attend technical exhibitions, know the latest technology.
- Go camping, explore your native land.
- Study zoology, botany, biology.
- Read critical articles on literature.
- Participate in school affairs.
- Explain homework to your friends and classmates.
- Read about how people are struggling with the disease.
- Sew, embroider, cook.
- Read about arts.
- Take an active part in school life.
- Carry out experiments in physics.
- Conduct experiments in chemistry.
- Listen interviews on the radio.
- Collect and repair mechanisms (watches, bicycle).
- Collect minerals.
- Work in the garden.
- Express your thoughts in writing.
- Read the history books.
- Tell children stories, play with them.
- Care for the sick.
- Help with the housework at home.
- Take an active part in concerts, exhibitions.
- Participate in the military-sports games.
- Attend additional classes in physics and mathematics.
- Find out chemical solutions, to conduct experiments.
- Repairing PCs.
- Make models of ships, aircraft.
- Participate in the geographical and geological expeditions.
- Watch wildlife.
- Learn foreign languages.
- Speak on historical themes.
- Arrange school events.
- Care for children.
- Do shopping.
- Talk with other people about art.
- Engage in sports clubs.
- Participate in physical and mathematical Olympiads.
- Solve problems in chemistry.
- Perform instrumentation.
- Carry out the work on mechanics.
- Understand the geographical maps.
- Carry out experiments in biology.
- Discuss the books, films and performances.
- Study politics and economy of other countries.
- Discuss the issues about education and training.
- Know more the structure of the human body.
- Convince people in anything.
- Know more about the history of art.
- Be the organizer of the matches and games.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Mark chemical phenomena in nature.
- Understand the radio circuits.
- Make drawings.
- Explore a topographic survey area.
- Care for animals.
- Present papers on literature.
- Become familiar with the history of culture:
- Give explanations to younger students.
- Study the causes of various diseases.
- Meet, talk with different people.
- Participate in the performances and concerts.
- Keep daily regime.
Results: Thirteen columns on the form — this is thirteen areas of professional activity (1 — physics and mathematics; 2 — chemistry, 3 — radio engineering and electronics, 4 — mechanics and design; 5 — geography, geology, 6 — Biology 7 — Philology; 8 — History and Politics 9 — pedagogy; 10 — medicine, 11 — economics; 12 — art, 13 — sports and military affairs). For each of the columns arithmetic sum of pluses and minuses is calculated. The questions are grouped in such a way that the first two in each vertical column, allow to find out whether you have the desire to become familiar with a particular area of activity. The second two represent the pursuit of a deeper knowledge in the subject of their interests, and the last two — practical activities in this area.
4.Вправа «Світ професій»(назвати професії за класифікацією 1-13 в завд.3)
- Хвилинка релаксації.. Вправа «Живий малюнок»(відгадати професію)
- Інформаційне повідомлення «Що формує характер». Розвиток навичок читання.
«… Once my teacher of History told us about ancient Greeks, who traced on the front of one of the most famous temples:» Know thyself. »
Translated from the Greek word «character» means «chasing», «print». In fact, on the one hand, the life coins, molds the character of the person, and on the other — the nature involves all the actions, thoughts and feelings. Speaking about character, we mean the typical, often repeated, habitual forms. Sneaky man can make a decisive action, rude one can be polite especially when he faces the dangerous opponents. Thus, a person can be called bold or rude only if it’s his/her typical behavior under common circumstances.
The character reflects the attitude of a man to the surround world in the system of relations and, generally, we can talk about four groups of traits: man’s relation to others (sociability, isolation, indifference, sensitivity, etc.); man’s relation to his work (hard work, laziness, responsibility, initiative, negligence and other.); the relation of man to himself (modesty, vanity, self-criticism); the relation of man to things (neatness, thrift, and so on.)
Traits determine human behavior – how a person acts in typical situations. Individual characteristics make great influence on human behavior. Depending on which of these characteristics are particularly prevalent, they distinguish intellectual, emotional and volitional features.
Speaking about intellectual traits we have to talk about qualities of the mind (intelligence, observation, etc..). In emotional terms, it is related to the phenomena of reality (irritability, rationality and so on.), as well as the prevailing mood. Strong-willed character traits determine the ability and willingness of a person to regulate consciously their activities to overcomе difficulties (determination, dedication). Totally there are more than a thousand traits.
- 7. Вправа «My character traits»
Which of the following character traits do you have? What other traits in yourself, can you mention? Write them down according to the following groups.
- 8. Розвиток навичок говоріння.
Talk about the job you are interested in.
Say: — why you are interested in this job,
— if you have skills and qualities that are required for this job,
— what skills and qualities you want to develop.
9.Презентація творчого проекту
«How to develop your character traits»
It is a wonderful set of principles to live by and which can never steer you wrong.
10.Обговорення проекту. Дискусія
TEACHER: So, dear friends, what do you say? Did you like the project? Which of these pieces of advice do you find most useful? Why or why not?
11.Робота в групах(парах)
Group1: Скласти резюме
Full Name …………………..
Email Address ………………….
Previous Work Experience( If applicable):………………….
Education: (most recent first) (include years) ………………….
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS……………………….
Hobbies and Interests: …………………………………..
Group 2: Скласти інтерв’ю
Part Time Job Interview Questions:
- What days/hours are you available to work?
- Do you have any activities that would prevent you from working your schedule?
- Would you prefer full-time employment to part-time if a job were available?
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How would you describe the pace at which you work?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- Are you overqualified for this job?
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager?
12.Вправа «Ice and a hot potato»
(учень1 розслабляється, кладе руки на коліна внутрішньою стороною долоні вверх,, заплющує очі і уявляє що в одній руці гаряча печена картопля, а в іншій -шматок льоду. Учень 2 торкається долоней учня1 і спробує відгадати, в якій руці гаряча картопля, а в якій-лід.
X.Рефлексія. Закінчення уроку.Реалізація очікувань.
TEACHER: Our lesson is over. Do you think it was successful? What did you like best of all? Was there anything you disliked? Thank you for your work. Good-bye.